Support for unpaid carers in Lancashire
If you provide or intend to provide care or support for a family member, partner or friend who needs help because of their age, physical or mental illness or disability we're here to support you in your caring role.
We work with Lancashire County Council to provide a range of free online services to support you, in addition to what is already on offer.
Kick-start with our Email Course
To kick-start your support from us, sign-up to our five-part email course, designed specifically to help carers like you in Lancashire.
Establish strong foundations to your care or double-check you have the essentials in place.
Connect with other carers
Speak to someone
If you struggle to find time to talk to someone about your caring role our Carer Support Team are available from 9am to 10pm, seven-days a week. You’ll speak with another carer about the things that matter to you.
Are you thinking about having a carers assessment? But wondering what benefit it will bring?
Take three minutes to tell us some simple information and we'll follow up with an email that includes a simple checklist of things to do next.
Support for carers in Lancashire
If you're an unpaid carer, looking after someone in Lancashire, we’re here to help with practical and emotional support. Remember, you don’t have to wait until the crisis point before asking for help - the earlier you ask, the bigger difference it can make.
Local carer support services with Lancashire's Carers Service
The Lancashire's Carers Service supports those of us living across Lancashire who are 18 and over and looking after someone. They offer:
- Carer's Assessments
- Coffee and Chat support groups across Lancashire
- Regular magazines providing information on local groups, activities and courses
- Support for emergency planning
- A huge range of digital resources
- Access to a CHAT line manned by empathetic and helpful people 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Access to other community, health and wellbeing services
- Opportunities to volunteer, make friends and provide support for others