Kick-start with our Email Course
To kick-start your support from us, sign-up to our five-part email course, designed specifically to help carers like you in Leicestershire and Rutland.
Establish strong foundations to your care or double-check you have the essentials in place.
Connect with other carers
Speak to someone
If you struggle to find time to talk to someone about your caring role, our Carer Support Team are available from 8am to 10pm, seven-days a week.
You'll speak with another carer about the things that matter to you.
Are you thinking about having a carers assessment? But wondering what benefit it will bring?
Take three minutes to tell us some simple information and we'll follow up with an email that includes a simple checklist of things to do next.
Support for Carers in Leicestershire and Rutland
If you are looking after a family member or friend in Leicestershire or Rutland, you can get support from your local carers support service. Remember, you don't need to wait until you're in crisis to reach out for help.
VASL (Voluntary Action South Leicestershire) provides a range of support for carers in Leicestershire through Support for Carers Leicestershire:
- Confidential telephone advice and support line with a professional
- Help with completing a Carer's Assessment
- Information on carers' support groups
- A range of resources online including self-help videos
- Financial or legal advice around caring
NHS Leicestershire and Rutland
Access a bunch of health-related resources on NHS Leicestershire and Rutland's website and more of what they can offer. Including:
- Latest videos
- Get in the know
- Advice when services are busy
- The Green Space for a greener NHS
Hospital Discharge Grants for Carers
If eligible, you'll have until the 31st March 2024 to apply for this one-off grant. Find out if you're eligible, and how to apply here.
Dementia Support Services
If you're looking after someone who has dementia, Age UK Leicestershire and Rutland have a super helpful service to support us, including:
- Personalised one-to-one support
- Post diagnostic information sessions
- Benefits advice
- Memory cafes and social groups
- Therapeutic activities
- Carer support and information
- Support to improve online and digital skills